Although we’re living in a fast-paced world, we should not let our health suffer while trying to make good use of our time. Here’s a healthy smoothie recipe that will give your body a quick boost. In fact, the name says it all: Super Boost Power Smoothie.
Did You Know?
- Super Boost Power Smoothie is a very easy recipe that requires no cooking
- This smoothie is a great substitute for typical breakfast fares such as cereals, pancakes, and sandwiches, but it can be enjoyed any time of the day
- It has bee pollen as one of its ingredients, which is considered a superfood
All the ingredients of this smoothie are hailed as a superfood one way or another, making it nutritionally powerful and, at the same time, incredibly delicious. It’s a great substitute for typical breakfast fares such as cereals, pancakes, and sandwiches, but it can be enjoyed for a quick energy boost.
Super Boost Power Smoothie Recipe
Serving Size: 4 servings
- 4 cups raw milk
- 1 large banana
- 2 tablespoons Whey protein powder or 4 raw eggs
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon spirulina or other green powder
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 fluid ounces aloe vera juice
- 2 cups water
Place all ingredients into a blender. Mix until smooth.
(Adapted from Healthy Recipes for Your Nutritional Type)
Super Boost Power Smoothie Preparation Tips
This is a very easy recipe that actually requires no cooking. However, here are some tips you should remember when preparing this healthy smoothie:
- Opt for a banana that has a green tip instead of an overripe one. However, remember that bananas are high in fructose and should be consumed in moderation or not at all if you have diabetes or have problems with insulin resistance.
- Most of the whey protein powders available in the market are made from protein isolate. I recommend you only whey protein concentrate instead. Whey isolates go through extensive processing and filtering, which removes the whey’s key amino acids and nutritional cofactors.
- Bee pollen can be blended with the other ingredients or it can be sprinkled on top. However, make sure you test first if you have a bee pollen allergy by ingesting a bee pollen pellet and checking for symptoms of intolerance.
- It would be best to create your own almond butter using raw almonds to receive its health benefits. But if you choose to purchase almond butter, always read the label because some products may contain flavoring agents, salt, or sugar.
- Keep in mind that the color of blueberries tends to bleed in the final product if the skin has been broken. Also, if you are using frozen blueberries, take them out from the freezer at the last minute and don’t let them thaw.
- Look for ginger that is mold-free, smooth, and firm, for easier peeling. Also, avoid ginger with wrinkled roots because they are tough and fibrous.
- When adding flax seeds in your smoothie, it's better to grind them before blending with the rest of the ingredients. Whole flax seeds will easily pass through your body without being fully digested, so you may not reap most of the health benefits.
Why Is this Super Boost Power Smoothie Good for You?
I prefer using raw milk because high-quality raw milk has a mountain of health benefits that pasteurized milk lacks. According to CDC data, about 412 people become ill from drinking pasteurized milk each year, yet there are only about 116 illnesses a year linked to raw milk. Pasteurization also destroys valuable enzymes, which makes milk difficult to digest.
At the same time, raw milk has a number of benefits, such as:
|Loaded with healthy bacteria that are good for your gastrointestinal tract
||Full of more than 60 digestive enzymes, growth factors, and immunoglobulins (antibodies)
|Rich in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which fights cancer and boosts metabolism
||Rich in beneficial raw fats, amino acids, and proteins in a highly bioavailable form, all 100 percent digestible
|Loaded with vitamins (A, B, C, D, E, and K) in highly bioavailable forms, and a very balanced blend of minerals (calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron) whose absorption is enhanced by live lactobacilli
||It also contains phosphatase, an enzyme that aids and assists in the absorption of calcium in your bones, and lipase enzyme, which helps to hydrolyze and absorb fats
This tropical fruit contains high levels of potassium, which is necessary for the heart to function properly. This fruit is known to lessen the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure. It's also a good source of fiber that helps keep your digestive system healthy.
Bee pollen contains most all the nutrients that your body needs, and it's considered a superfood. It has more amino acids compared to beef, cheese, and eggs. It's also rich in protein. Here are some reasons why you should include bee pollen in your diet:
- Weight control – Bee pollen is known to stimulate metabolic process. It has phenylalanine, a natural amino acid, which helps reduce food cravings.
- Stamina booster – It contains high level of vitamin B, which is important for energy production.
- Enhances fertility – If you’re thinking of conceiving, bee pollen can help enhance fertility. It restores and stimulates ovarian function and increases estrogen production in women. For men, it increases sperm count and libido. It’s also considered an aphrodisiac.
Spirulina is popularly known as a detoxifier and is commonly added to smoothies. Not only does it provide a good source of protein, iron, vitamins, and antioxidants, but it also has huge health benefits like helping prevent cardiovascular disease and hypertension and enhancing your immune system.
Flaxseed is an excellent source of omega-3 essential fatty acids. It’s also a rich source of fiber and lignan, which has an estrogen-like compound known for its antioxidant property.
Ginger is known for its carminative property, making it an ideal ingredient for a smoothie if you have an upset stomach. It’s also considered a natural remedy for nausea and motion sickness.
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera juice has a mild laxative effect and can help soothe the intestines. It works by removing the food waste that clogs the digestive system.